We have strived to make this website available to all regardless of individual disability/ability.
However if, as a person with disability, you encounter difficulties, please don't hesitate to contact us and make us aware of the issue. We will endeavour to improve the website to reflect your needs.
Navigation & Navigation Aids
- Primary site navigation is located (site-wide) in the page header area at the top of each page.
- A link to the home page is available at the top and bottom of each page.
- Links fully describes the target.
- Links are written to make sense out of context.
- For users of text only browsers, the ‘skip to content’ link is made visible at the top of each page.
- Forms have their labels explicitly associated with their controls, aiding users of certain screen readers and speech browsers.
Standards Compliance and Validation
- All pages on this site use HTML5 mark-up, validated using the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) validation service.
- All pages on this site use structured, semantic mark-up. For example, h1, h2 & h2 tags are used to convey document format. h1 tags are used for main titles, h2 tags for subtitles etc.
- All pages on this site use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS2) for presentation, validated using the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C’s) validation service.
- All pages on this site are checked in accordance with DDA, W3C and Section 508 guidelines and adhere/comply to these guidelines as much as possible.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT attributes where necessary.
- Purely decorative graphics (if any are present) will include a ‘null’ ALT attribute.
- This site uses cascading style sheets for visual layout.
- If your browser or browsing device does not support style sheets at all, the content of each page is still readable but in a stylistically reduced capacity.
- This site uses relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text size" option in visual browsers. .
- Foreground and background colours have been used that provide a good level of contrast and are therefore easy to read. Throughout the site, colour is never used as the only way to convey information.
We've tried our best to make this website as accessible as possible, please contact us for further suggestions